"Safety, Security, Service"
Culver City Unified School District’s Department of Safety and Security is a 24-hour, 7-days-per-week operation. We employ 11 School Safety Officers. We have a full-time Dispatcher during school hours and operate on three shifts: Day, Swing and Graveyard. We’re responsible for 11 school and office sites. Our department monitors and maintains over 300 high-definition video surveillance cameras and more than 40 alarmed spaces. We maintain an updated fleet of patrol vehicles and bicycles, and invest in high-end technology and equipment.
SCHOOL SAFETY OFFICER
Under direct supervision, patrol and monitor District properties and adjacent areas to protect students, staff, equipment and property from criminal activity; intervene, mitigate, and resolve all conflicts encountered on District property or its immediate adjacency; enforce laws and regulations; respond to alarms, emergency situations.
Examples of Duties
- Patrol on foot, bicycle, or motorized vehicle and monitor District properties 24 hours per day, weekends and holidays.
- Continuous foot patrol of school sites with a focus on monitoring student behavior, ensuring students are not wandering the campus.
- Conduct searches of students, lockers and personal belongings for prohibited items or evidence of crimes or school rule violations.
- Provide protective escort or supervision for victims of fights or bullying.
- Traffic and pedestrian control in intersections at or near school sites; responsible for setting up, managing and removing temporary traffic safety devices requiring regular physical manual effort; required to stand for extended periods of time while giving hand and arm signals, or managing other similar traffic control signs and devices.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of logs, records and reports related to incidents, issues, hazards and other assigned activities.
- Intervene in fights immediately and in accordance with District policy.
- Administer First Aid, CPR or other life saving techniques.
- Formal Field Training Program (FTP)
- 24-Hour School Security Class—SB1626
- School Emergency Trauma Intervention
- Emergency Vehicle Operations (EVOC)
- Weaponless Defense Tactics
- FEMA—Incident Command System
- Active Shooter Response
- Drug & Alcohol Influence Recognition
- Traffic & Pedestrian Control
- Bicycle Patrol
- Sporting Events
- Academic Events
- Performing Arts
Step Hourly Monthly
A $19.13 $3314.25
B $20.21 $3501.86
C $21.26 $3684.44
D $22.23 $3853.17
E $23.40 $4055.91
INCENTIVES & BENEFITS
- Night Differential—3%
- Bilingual—8% (Based on Assignment)
- Health, Life, Vision & Dental
- CalPERS retirement system